Galavisión Ranks As the No. 1 Entertainment Cable Network in Primetime Among Hispanic Women 18-49 Regardless of language in June, Besting Lifetime, E! and Bravo
NEW YORK, NY – JULY 13, 2015 – Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, today announced that Galavisión is the leading entertainment network among Hispanic Adults 18-49 in primetime, out-delivering the TBS, TNT and ABC Family networks in the month of June. Additionally, Galavisión is the leading entertainment network among Hispanic Women 18-49 in primetime, out delivering Lifetime, E! and Bravo.
“These results are a testament to our engaging programming,” said Alberto Ciurana, president of Programming, Univision Communications Inc. “Galavisión has consistently been the leader in Spanish-language entertainment cable. Reaching this new milestone against English-language cable nets is important and proves that our viewers are tuning in because we offer the best entertainment content for our audience. We are very pleased with our results with Hispanic adults, Hispanic women, and Hispanic millennials and we will continue to deliver the programs that Hispanics care about most.”
“We know that Hispanic families are seeking laugh-out-loud comedies and powerful socio-dramas they can resonate with,” said Ramsey Elia, vice president of Programming, Galavisión and Cable Networks, Univision Communications Inc. “Galavisión redesigned its programming over the past year and this decision has proven successful with our core Hispanic adult audience and has increased our viewership among Hispanic women, and millennials. The message is clear – Hispanic families are tuning into Galavisión because we are offering the relevant and engaging content that they crave, in any language.”
June 2015 Top Primetime Cable Entertainment Networks
Source: The Nielsen Company NPM-H Live+7, program based strict daypart Prime: M-Su 8-11P (06/01/2015 – 06/28/2015, 05/26/2014 – 06/29/2014) excludes breakouts, single telecasts and sport networks.
Additionally for the month of June, Galavisión:
- Increased its June 2015 audience by +24% among Hispanic Adults 18-49 in primetime compared to a year ago.
- Increased its Hispanic Young Adults 18-34 audience by +53% when compared to June 2014 in the Mon-Sun 8-11 p.m. time period. This increase in this demo is being driven by strong comedy-themed nights.
- La Familia P. Luche (Mon 8-11 p.m.) is up +63% among Hispanic Young Adults 18-34 versus June 2014.
- Una Familia de 10 (Tue 9:30 – 11 p.m.) is up +213% among Hispanic Young Adults 18-34 versus last June’s time period performance.
- The Wednesday Night Vecinos block (9 – 11 p.m.) is up +85% among Hispanic Young Adults 18-34 versus June 2014.
- Delivered 5 of the top 10 programs overall among Hispanic Adults 18-49 in primetime.
- Ranked No. 3 among the top 10 programs in cable entertainment among Hispanic Adults 18-49 in Primetime with La Familia P. Luche @ 9:30P.