UDN is Fastest-Growing Sports Network in 2014 in Both Total Day and Primetime Regardless of Language
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – JANUARY 9, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the sports division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results and double-digit growth in key metrics within its sports content across its media platforms in 2014. Additionally, UDN (Univision Deportes Network), which launched in 2012, finished the year as both the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network and the fastest-growing sports network in both Total Day and primetime in 2014.
Univision Network broadcast the top club soccer telecast of 2014 among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 across all networks – the America vs. Tigres match on December 14, 2014, delivered 3.0 million Total Viewers and 1.9 million Adults 18-49.
In fact, UCI broadcast:
- 8 of the top 10 most-viewed club soccer telecasts of 2014 among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- 36 of top 50 club soccer telecasts of 2014 among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
On UniMás, viewership for Liga MX increased by +34% for Total Viewers and +36% for Adults 18-49 vs. prior year.
On the cable front, UDN ranked as the fastest-growing sports network in 2014 in both Total Day and primetime:
- UDN was up +56% with Total Viewers and +58% with Adults 18-49 in primetime vs. prior year.
- UDN was up +73% with Total Viewers and +69% with Adults 18-49 in Total Day year over year.
UDN was also the No.1 Spanish-language sports network in 2014 in Total Day and primetime among both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49:
- UDN bested ESPN Deportes by +36% and FOX Deportes by +45% among Total Viewers, and by +29% and +42% among Adults 18-49 in Total Day, respectively.
- UDN outperformed ESPN Deportes by +80% and FOX Deportes by +56% among Total Viewers, and by +89% and +79% among Adults 18-49 in primetime, respectively.
Source: Nielsen, NPM and NPMH (ESPD), L+SD data, fastest-growing based on year-year percent increase in audience delivery.
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda, 646.560.4829, firstname.lastname@example.org